Monday, December 9, 2013

An Angel Remembers 25 Voices - Magi's Camel Driver

An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas



I thought I'd share another story from my book. It is available as an ebook and is available at many fine ebook stores online. At this time it is only available as an ebook. I'm looking for ways to get it hard copy published in the next year IF there are enough interest in it.

Here is the story of The Magi's Camel Driver.

THE MAGI’S CAMEL DRIVER

I am use to going out at night with my master. He goes out almost every night to look at the stars. About two years ago he and his friends were out watching the stars and they got all excited. I overheard them talking. They kept saying things about a strange new star appearing. Every night they watched that star. During the days they would spend all their time talking about what it meant.
My master came to me one day and said I needed to pack for a long trip. He did not know how long we would be gone or how far we would be traveling! It might be years before we get home! My master thought that the star meant that the promised King of the Jews had been born. He said we would follow the Star to the King. He game me coin to get some new camels, packs and food for both man and beast. We would leave with his friends as soon as all was ready.
I thought he was crazy! Going off without even knowing where we are going or how long we will be gone? Following a STAR of all things! Hoping to find a child king? How could this be anything but crazy! All said and done thought he is my master and I must go. So off I went and I got all the supplies we needed for the trip. We left a few days later. I did not understand the importance of the trip. We traveled only at night so we could follow the star. During the day we rested the best we could. Sometimes we stayed at an inn and you could hear people talking and kids playing. Sleep was a rare thing on this trip.
We went to see Hared, the king of Judea. His people told my master and his friends that it was written that the King of the Jews would be born in Bethlehem. From what I’ve heard from Hared’s stable hands he is not a person to be trusted. We did not have any other ideas so we had to trust him. We did not have any other ideas so we had to trust him. Off we went to Bethlehem. There we found the star over a small house.
What a house, if it could even be called that. So small and poor looking! It looked like any other house in the area. This could not be the city or home of a king. There was a workshop out back. It was clean and inviting. The people who lived there were so unusual. The man, Joseph, is a carpenter. You could see this by looking into his shop. The wife, Mary was so nice and pretty too. She did her best to make us feel at home. somehow once you meet the people you feel like the best palace you had ever seen would not compare to this little humble home. I think it really had to do with the child.
He was about two years old. He was cute and lively. You could see in a glance that He kept his mother busy. Beyond the normal two year old mischievousness was a maturity and genteelness that I had never seen in a little child. He sat very solemn and still when the magi gave their gifts to Him. It was as if He knew what was going on and understood what they were saying.
He got out of the house while His parents were talking to the magi. Before I could stop Him He ran right up to the biggest camel we had in our train! Camels are not known for being nice but his old guy is just plain mean. Ol grump, as we called him, did the strangest thing I’d ever seen. He got down on his knees and bowed to Jesus! Jesus reached out and stroked his graying muzzle so genteelly. Ol Grump then laid down so Jesus could climb all over him! Jesus walked over to me and laid His little hand on me. In His gentle little touch I found a strength and calmness. He looked into my eyes and I felt that He could see into my very soul. But I was not afraid. I would like to stay wand watch this little one grow up. It would be interesting to see what happens to Him I am glad I got to come with my master to see Jesus and I look forward to getting home to tell my family and friends there about Him.

©Copyrighted Material By Carolyn Hoagland 1995 Revised July 2010


Here is where  you can find my book online:

My Christmas book, “An Angel Remembers 25 Voices of Christmas” is available!!
This is a collection of 26 short Christmas stories that together bring the amazing events of Christ’s birth alive. It is my hope that this will help encourage families to spend 10-15 minutes a day together during the busy holiday season remembering the true reason for the season.
You can find it for ALL eReader formats and PDF at:

For your Nook the link is:

It is also available at the iTunes book store and many other ebook seller sites.
The only big site not carrying my book is Amazon.
You can download a Kindle version from Smashwords.com




No comments:

Post a Comment